Senior Web Developer
VERB is a digital marketing agency in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia and with a new office located in Victoria, British Columbia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office. Meet your coworkers at our kegs for an end-of-week beverage, get discounts on transit, fitness, and farm-fresh food. Plus, we give you the chance to get active, both with recreational sports leagues and community volunteering.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
Are you a well-rounded Web Developer? Do you have previous experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining digital platforms? Do you want to create awesome work for some of the most exciting brands in the global travel and luxury space?
Well here’s your chance.
Join our busy team, work in a fantastic office with a great group of 100+ people who really love what they do. And work your magic.
What You Will Do
- Create, debug, and enhance web-based platforms
- Build and integrate websites, components, modules, and third-party applications
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code following software development best practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Work closely with project team to analyze and understand user needs, to implement website content, graphics, performance, and capacity
- Clearly communicate status updates related to issues, assignments, projects and team progress on deliverables
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in web development
- Post-secondary education in computer science, IT or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Drupal, WordPress or other CMS’s
- Experience using LAMP-stack technologies
- Familiar with modern PHP development practises and tools including PHP 7, composer, and packagist
- Experience creating custom components/modules/plug-ins to integrate with CMS-based websites
- Understanding of basic Linux/Unix commands
- Familiarity with Web infrastructure technologies like SSL, DNS
- Strong problem-solving skills and a broad knowledge of web development techniques and principles
- Knowledge of current web trends and standards
- The ability to work across multiple projects without compromising quality
- Eagerness to participate in team status meetings and brainstorming sessions
- The ability to communicate project and task status and any issues to internal and external stakeholders