User-Centric Researcher (UX/UI)
VERB is a digital marketing agency in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia and with a new office located in Victoria, British Columbia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office. Meet your coworkers at our kegs for an end-of-week beverage, get discounts on transit, fitness, and farm-fresh food. Plus, we give you the chance to get active, both with recreational sports leagues and community volunteering.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
Do you live, breathe, and maybe snack on everything related to user-centric design. Do you like to conduct research and competitive analyses for the larger UX team, design information architectures, conduct user research studies, and work with the team to further develop sound testing scenarios and strategies? Do you want to create awesome work for some of the most exciting brands in the global travel and luxury space?
Well here’s your chance.
Join our busy team, work in a fantastic office with a great group of 160+ people who really love what they do, and work your magic.
What You’ll Do
A User-Centric Researcher is part marketer, part designer, and part project manager. They thrive on planning their own work against deadlines and deliver their work with minimal oversight. They have a keen eye for detail, with a passion for critical thinking and innovation. While members of the UX team are not solely responsible for digital wireframes, they possess the knowledge to both create and administer their creation. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with a team of designers, developers, writers, and producers to understand project requirements and create concepts that help define the best possible experience, while supporting business objectives
- Preparing UX documentation (site architectures, wireframes, use cases and task flows, etc.) to be used by other members of the team
- Leveraging user/consumer insight, analytics, best practices, and competitor analysis to help guide your project decisions
- Applying knowledge of industry trends, competitive activity, and comparable experiences to projects and share them with team to help drive internal standards and the best possible user experiences for our clients
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to refine the UX process
- The primary task is to always be connecting business goals to a user's needs
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience in the role of UX designer, experience architect, information architect, or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of UX research and design techniques
- Strong understanding of how to leverage data to make informed decisions
- Proficiency with information architecture, design and prototyping tools, spreadsheet design tools, and collaboration applications such as Axure, Slickplan, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, plus the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve complex problems, using analysis, creative thinking, and input from others to improve processes and develop effective strategies
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive design
- Knowledge of web accessibility principles (ADA) and W3C guidelines
Of course we offer the basic benefits (vacation, sick time, health and dental, professional development), however we are proud to offer additional perks such as:
- Company Matching RRSP Program
- Yearly travel credit
- Remote and flexible working arrangements
- Transit discounts
- Fitness discounts
- Free office snacks and drinks
- Recreational sports teams
- Health spending account
- Farm share program
- Recognition rewards
The deadline for Applications is July 30, 2019. Only eligible applicants will be contacted.