Creative Digital Designer
VERB is a digital marketing agency in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia and with a new office located in Victoria, British Columbia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office. Meet your coworkers at our kegs for an end-of-week beverage, get discounts on transit, fitness, and farm-fresh food. Plus, we give you the chance to get active, both with recreational sports leagues and community volunteering.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
Are you a well-rounded designer, but have a special interest in all things digital. Do you have experience working with brands to develop their digital presence and know what it means to collaborate? Do you dabble in UX, understand campaigns, and can think through problems that come your way? Do you care about the work; about great design? Do you want to create awesome work for some of the most exciting brands in the global travel and luxury space?
Well here’s your chance.
Join our busy team, work in a fantastic office with a great group of 160+ people who really love what they do, and work your magic.
What You’ll Do
Our Designers are visual storytellers working closely with their team members to bring our clients’ visions to life. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Producing effective, eye-catching designs across all types of media
- Sharing opinions, ideas, and offering input during creative meetings
- Collaborating with the UX team members on interface design, from conception through implementation
- Collaborating across the agency to continually push the standards of creative
- Maintaining a high standard of design and ensure that only the best work is released for review
- Overseeing specific design projects, from conception to delivery
- Mentoring and collaborating with junior design staff
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments and tools
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate for this role is a multifaceted, collaborative designer who can work on everything from full website builds to integrated digital marketing campaigns. In short, like the rest of our creative team, we are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and want to push digital experiences that both the industry and our client’s clients will talk about.
- 6+ years of proven experience in digital design
- An outstanding portfolio presenting a diverse range of digital creative -
an online portfolio is a must!
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite, as well as tools like Sketch, Figma, and Invision
- Excellent visual design skills
- Knowledge of branding, communications, and digital marketing
- An understanding of UX design
- Knowledge of how web development can affect design is a must
- HTML5 & CSS experience is an asset
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team - you’ll need to do both here - you can run with a task as well as communicate and collaborate
- A strong conceptual thinker, as creative team members are expected to not just flawlessly execute ideas, but also be a part of the initial creative proces
Of course we offer the basic benefits (vacation, sick time, health and dental, professional development), however we are proud to offer additional perks such as:
- Company Matching RRSP Program
- Yearly travel credit
- Remote and flexible working arrangements
- Transit discounts
- Fitness discounts
- Free office snacks and drinks
- Recreational sports teams
- Health spending account
- Farm share program
- Recognition rewards
The deadline for Applications is July 30, 2019. Only eligible applicants will be contacted.