VERB is a digital marketing agency in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia and with a new office located in Victoria, British Columbia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office. Meet your coworkers at our kegs for an end-of-week beverage, get discounts on transit, fitness, and farm-fresh food. Plus, we give you the chance to get active, both with recreational sports leagues and community volunteering.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
Are you an enthusiastic professional with previous administrative experience? Are you organized, detail orientated, and can identify needs proactively? Do you want to be a part of a fast growing company that creates awesome work for some of the most exciting brands in the global travel and luxury space?
Well here’s your chance.
Join our busy team, work in a fantastic office with a great group of 160+ people who really love what they do, and work your magic.
What You’ll Do
The Office Coordinator plays a key role in the organization and is responsible for carrying out general office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness throughout VERB’s HQ. This includes but is not limited to:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks, including: managing meeting room calendars, distributing mail and sending courier items, preparing purchase order requisitions, maintain office and kitchen inventory, ordering supplies, updating operating manuals, etc.
- Conference and meeting support and set up, including: food services (delivery/ pick-up) and/or room preparation.
- Develop and/or maintain a current and accurate filing system for correspondence and record-keeping.
- Perform basic bookkeeping and data entry tasks as assigned, and assist with purchasing, sorting, processing and verifying receipts, expenditures, forms, and other documents.
- Oversee employee vacation records and calendar.
- Develop and update company directory.
- Make travel arrangements for company staff and organize incoming visitors’ agendas, including conference registrations, flights, hotels, car service, and dining arrangements.
- Welcome on-site guests, determine nature of business, and announce guest to appropriate staff.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, spreadsheets, presentations, and other documents from direction by stakeholders and senior staff.
What We’re Looking For
- Completion of a post-secondary administration diploma or related business degree.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in a similar role.
- A polished professional with an outgoing attitude, who is a team player and enjoys making VERB guests feel at home.
- Self-motivated, highly trustworthy, detail oriented, and reliable.
- Excels at working independently and as a team member.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency with general office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web Browsers, etc.) and comfort with learning new applications as required.
- Working knowledge and familiarity of general office hardware (e.g. fax, copier, printers, etc.).
- Comfort and experience interfacing with all levels of staff and management.
- Previous experience with basic bookkeeping, ability to read and comprehend financial transactions, and comfortable making original or adjusting entries is favoured (QuickBooks preferred) would be considered an asset.
- Experience working within an agency environment would be considered an asset.
Of course we offer the basic benefits (vacation, sick time, health and dental, professional development), however we are proud to offer additional perks such as:
- Company Matching RRSP Program
- Yearly travel credit
- Remote and flexible working arrangements
- Transit discounts
- Fitness discounts
- Free office snacks and drinks
- Recreational sports teams
- Health spending account
- Farm share program
- Recognition rewards