VERB is a digital marketing agency in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia and with a new office located in Victoria, British Columbia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office. Meet your coworkers at our kegs for an end-of-week beverage, and get discounts on transit, fitness, and farm-fresh food. Plus, we give you the chance to get active, both with recreational sports leagues and community volunteering.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
Do you have an interest in accounting and finance? Are you looking to gain experience in your field while working for an organization that creates awesome work for some of the most exciting brands in the global travel and luxury space?
Well here’s your chance.
Join our busy team and work in a fantastic office with a great group of 130+ people who really love what they do—and work your magic.
What You’ll Do
The Accounting Student will work closely with our administrative team on day-to-day financial requirements, month-end tasks, and project requests. This includes but is not limited to:
- Providing general financial support to the Office Manager
- Accounting entries
- Data processing
- Financial analysis
- Accounts receivables and payables
- Other general bookkeeping support, as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Currently pursuing post-secondary education in the field of business, accounting, or finance
- Familiarity with general financial principles
- Previous accounting/ bookkeeping related experience would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with QuickBooks online would be considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills